Dr. Michael Lowe
Dr. Michael Lowe moved to Victoria from Kentville, Nova Scotia in 2014. He completed his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at Dalhousie University after completing his undergraduate at Michigan State University.
Dr. Lowe is dedicated to excellence and continues to take the best continuing education possible. This includes:
- Completed an intensive, hands-on soft tissue surgical graft course with Implant Seminars focusing on free gingival grafts and subepithelial connective grafts aimed at treating recession, gummy smiles, and other gum defects
- East Coast Endodontic Study Club, mentored by Dr. Robert Roda, the first Canadian to be named president of the American Association of Endodontics
- Member of the International Association for Orthodontics, having completed training in Invisalign, the two year International Straight Wire & Orthopedic Seminars (ISWOS) program, and the one year Rondeau seminars program.
- Comprehensive study of implant dentistry at the gIDE Implant Institute in Los Angeles receiving diplomas from both Loma Linda University and gIDE Implant Institute in the one year Master Clinician program. At the institute, he learned the latest techniques in guided bone and soft regeneration under the tutelage of Dr. Sascha Jovanovic.
- Currently studying at Seattle’s Kois Center for Aesthetic, Occlusion, and Restorative Dentistry. The curriculum is built upon Dr. John C. Kois´ mission statement: “Enabling motivated dentists to achieve extraordinary levels, expanding both knowledge and application skills in restorative dentistry.
Dr. Lowe is a CEREC Doctor Mentor and trains fellow dentists on single visit crown and restorative CAD/CAM technology.
A recipient of the prestigious Canadian Dental Association President’s award, as well as the American College of Dentist’s Award, Dr. Lowe is an active member of the Victoria and District Dental Society, the Canadian Dental Association, the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C. and the
British Columbia Dental Association and maintains his license to practice in the United States and Canada.
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Lowe loves spending time with his family and friends. He golfs every chance he gets and is active in hockey and soccer leagues and enjoys skiing.
Dr. Lowe is also the principal at Hillside Dental Centre in Hillside Shopping Centre, practising there two days per week.
Dr. Kevin MacDougall
Dr. Kevin MacDougall was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta and attended the University of Calgary during his undergraduate years. After being accepted into the dental program he then moved up to Edmonton to attend the University of Alberta. During his second year of dental school, Kevin met his lovely wife Rebecca and they got married just before he graduated in 2003.
After graduating from dental school, Kevin took an opportunity to further his dental skills in a small town about 45 minutes South East of Edmonton. After about 2 years of commuting back and forth and a strong desire to get out of the cold winters, he decided it was time to make a move! Having always dreamed about living by the ocean, if it was ever going to happen it had to be now!
In May 2005 Kevin and his family settled in Victoria just before their first son, Kaden, was born in July. Needless to say, it was a busy first few months getting settled into his new practice and becoming first-time parents! Since then there have been two amazing additions to his family, Ryden and Cohen, their identical twins born in May 2010.
Kevin is a member of the Victoria and District Dental Society, the Canadian Dental Association, the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C. and the British Columbia Dental Association and loves keeping informed with all the latest dentistry has to offer by attending various continuing education courses.
Most of his free time outside of dentistry is spent with his family. As many of you know he also enjoys fishing whenever possible. Another hobby he has is gold panning. It’s not a very common hobby, but has allowed him the opportunity to go hiking in some incredibly beautiful places on the island.
Kevin feels very fortunate to have a career he truly loves and really enjoys getting to know so many wonderful patients. He appreciates all of the trust patients have placed in him and always strives to provide his best.
Avalon was born and raised in Ottawa, Ontario where she did her CDA studies and worked for 2 year then went back for
RDH studies at Algonquin College and has happily been doing that for 21 years now, She is gentle and caring but also
has a fun side. Avalon moved to Victoria in 1996 to follow a dream of never shoveling snow again and golfing more. She
is married with a daughter, has a miniature dachshund fur baby and loves to spend time with her family generally at the
hockey rink in the winter and outdoors in the summer golfing, hiking and just enjoying nature.
Teresa was born and raised in Victoria and now lives in Shawnigan Lake. She completed the CDA program in 2000 at
Camosun College then continued her dental education in the Dental Hygiene Program in 2002. Teresa has a gentle touch
and works hard to make people feel comfortable in the dental chair. Teresa has four children, two boys and two girls
and loves to spend time outdoors with her husband and family.
Diana, better known as Dee, is originally from Prince George. Dee has been on the island for 8 years now. She
obtained her certification at Camosun College and has been working as a CDA since 2012. Dee brings a warm welcome to
all our current and new patients. In her off time she enjoys keeping active, cooking and spending time with
Christie has lived in Victoria her whole life. She has been assisting Dr. Kevin MacDougall since graduating the
Certified Dental Assistant Program at Camosun College in 2007 and now also spends time at the front desk. Christie’s
enthusiastic and friendly personality always brings a warm vibe into our office. She enjoys spending her spare time
with her husband and 2 sons Benjamin and Connor.