Instead of waiting for up to two weeks for your restoration to be produced, our dentists can place your custom porcelain restoration in just one-visit.
CEREC® stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics and the first CEREC® patients received service in 1985. CEREC® is a brand name owned by Sirona, a new company that formed after Siemens sold its dental division.
Aside from saving time for the patient and dentist, the digital impressions created by CEREC® are generally regarded as more comfortable for patients than traditional impressions. According to a study by G. V. Arnetzl, G. Arnetzl in 2006, the ten-year success rate of CEREC® inlays was significantly longer than traditional gold and ceramic inlays. The nine-year success rate of CEREC® restorations is 95.5% and 84% after 18 years.
Steps in the CEREC® Process
- The dentist will use a 3D intraoral camera to take photos of your mouth.
- The CEREC® software will produce a virtual 3D model of your mouth based on the pictures.
- The dentist will then use the 3D model in a special dental CAD program to construct the bridge, crown, inlay or onlay restoration.
- The restoration is then sent to a milling machine where the restoration is milled on a colour-matched ceramic block.
- Finally, the dentist will paint, polish, or glaze the restoration before it is integrated into your mouth.
For more information on CEREC®, visit the official website at: https://www.cereconline.com/